Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Color of Grace by Linda Kage

reviewed by Charlotte

Grace’s dad dies when she is young leaving just her and her mom.  At age 16, Grace’s mom remarries and they move to a new town and a new high school.  The day before the move Grace’s old school is playing the new school in basketball and she meets Ryder.

Ryder is a popular basketball player from her new school.  He took and immediate interest in Grace, even as she did everything possible to be “not interested.”  Even though Ryder has a cheerleader girlfriend and Grace ends up dating Ryder’s best friend, they are still drawn to each other while trying to respect each other’s relationships.

I loved this book!  At age 16, I moved to a different state with my family.  Grace’s feelings mirrored so many of what I felt.  Her fear of a new school, new friends, and a new house were so real.  I could definitely relate to her.  Linda Kage caught all those teenage fears exactly as they are felt.

The color symbolism is one of my favorite things in this book.  I loved how each chapter started with a different color and how that color related to Grace’s life.  Starting each chapter this was gave me an extra insight to Grace’s thoughts and feelings.

Ryder was my hero.  When I moved I had my own Ryder.  That person who takes you under their wings and helps you adjust.  It was great that the relationship turned into romance.  The fact that Ryder is cute, funny, and kind just adds to his charm.

Where I would usually enjoy the adult parts of the story, for this book I enjoyed the teen storylines more.  I do feel this book is more of a Young Adult selection, but I totally loved everything about The Colors of Grace.

Follow Linda Kage

Buy THE COLOR OF GRACE
Amazon | Barnes & Noble


FTC Disclaimer
As of December 1, 2009, According to The Federal Trade Commission (FTC),  product reviewers on blogs must disclose whether they received products for free or received payment for their review.

The books we review on this site (A NOVEL REVIEW) are sent to us by publishers, authors or downloaded from Netgalley. This is a very common practice.  We never take payments for these reviews and all the reviews on this site are our own thoughts and feelings and are not influenced.

No comments:

Post a Comment