Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Vintage Teacup Club by Vanessa Greene

Three different women are at a car boot sale in Sussex and want to purchase the same vintage teaset.   They decide to share it and manage to form an amazing friendship.

Jenny is engaged to marry Dan.   As the date approaches her past, which she thought was in her past, comes into her present and she has to deal with it.  She wants to serve her wedding guests in vintage teacups.

Maggie is broken hearted and is a florist in charge of the biggest event of her life. She is in need of the teacups to make floral displays for the event. 

Alison is happily married, or she thought she was, with two beautiful daughters.  As things get tough in her life she realizes that all is not as she thought. She is looking for teacups to make candles out of them.

This novel is a story of a friendship that grows during the search for more teacups.  These women quickly become much more than friends , they become sisters.   It is a story of love and friendship and families.  

Each character became a friend to me.  I looked forward to Jenny’s story the most (maybe cause I am planning my brother’s wedding now).  Do not get me wrong.  I loved all the stories, each woman was easily relatable and loveable.    I found myself comforted by these girls and hoping that I could comfort the characters just the same.  

I will recommend this book to all my chic-lit friends .  I am hoping that there will be more to come about these three lovely ladies. 

Purchase The Vintage Teacup Club by Vanessa Greene

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a great book, and I absolutely love the cover. I'll be adding the book to my to be read pile.

    Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete