Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Social Death by Tatiana Boncompagni

Publish Date March 5, 2014

Clyde Shaw’s best friend, Olivia Kravis, has been brutally murdered in her New York City apartment.  Olivia is also the daughter of FirstNews’s founder; FirstNews is where Clyde is the news producer.   As the networks fight to report the news, Clyde fights to solve the crime.   She has to make difficult choices and risk a lot to find justice for Olivia.   There are secrets and cryptic messages that send Clyde chasing leads and into dangerous situations.

My Review:

From the minute that I saw the cover of this book I needed to read this.   The red lips on the cover pulled me in.    I think of power and wealth then add the title Social Death, I knew I was in for a great ride.  I was not disappointed.  It had everything I expected plus so much more.   With every turn I read the clues and thought I was catching on.   I was so wrong.   I had no clue and loved the surprise ending. 

Clyde was amazing.   Even with Olivia’s death she managed to stay strong and fight for what she knew she had to do.   She is the best friend that everyone wants.  She knew something was off and that there was a cover-up within the network and the Kravis family, never giving up until she solved all the mysteries including finding the killer.   I loved watching her stay away from Alex, the reporter on the show she produces.   You could feel the sparks, but knew he could break her heart with his playboy ways.  Her struggles with alcohol and drugs was not a secret and were dealt with in such considerate ways, that I felt sympathy for her struggles and was thrilled watching her overcome them.

The secondary characters, including the doorman, Andrew and the police, Panda, were perfect characters.  They added so much to the story.   The clues and information they shared with Olivia were enough to keep me guessing, but hoping to know the truth soon.   The way they interacted with Olivia throughout the entire story was so entertaining to read. 

I loved this entire book from the first page to the last.  The next book cannot be available soon enough.   It is hard to find a good murder mystery book, that tells a tale that isn’t the same old story.   I highly recommend Social Death and look forward to much more from Tatiana Boncompagni.

  Book Links
Goodreads   |   Barnes and Noble   |   Amazon
Author Links
Website   |   Twitter   |   Facebook 


No comments:

Post a Comment