Saturday, May 25, 2013

About Last Night by Adele Park

Reviewed by Charlotte Lynn

Steph and Pip have been best friends for thirty years.  Pip has been recently left by her husband with no idea where he went.  Steph is happily married to her successful husband, Julian, and has three amazing boys.  She finds out that Julian is having an affair and, of course, is devastated.  Steph decides to get even, never imagining how her reaction will turn her world upside down.  Pip is surprised when Steph asks her to say that she was with her on a Tuesday night.


Friends forever, happy marriage, and then an affair just to stir it up.  Sounds like just my kind of novel and it was.  When the story started with Steph being a lonely student and Pip coming in as the new student taking the school and classmates by storm, I knew I was hooked.

Steph is the responsible, organized wife and mother.  Pip is the wild child, head in the clouds, divorcee and mother.  If asked to choose my favorite I don’t think I could.  Steph is who I could relate to most.  I also am the organizer, responsible mom and wife.   I know exactly what has to be done, when it needs to bed done, and how to get it done, usually.  Pip is the character I wish I was more like.  I wish I could be more carefree and easy going, but like her I would definitely need to have that best friend to help me out. 

I loved that so much background and description were given throughout this novel.  It made it easier to understand where the characters were coming from with their different thoughts and reactions to the situations in the story.  I am hoping that we will hear more about Steph and Pip in the future.  

Purchase About Last Night by Adele Park

Follow Adele Park
The books we review on this site (A NOVEL REVIEW) are sent to us by publishers, authors or downloaded from Netgalley. This is a very common practice.  We never take payments for these reviews and all the reviews on this site are our own thoughts and feelings and are not influenced.

No comments:

Post a Comment