Thursday, July 4, 2013

Where In The Om Am I? By Sara DiVello


Reviewed by Charlotte Lynn


Review from Goodreads:

Sara has invested years dutifully climbing the corporate ladder to become head of PR at a major financial services company, but can’t shake the feeling she’s not where she belongs. When her latest boss, a wine-guzzling, drama-loving diva, finally drives her to the brink, Sara seeks sanctuary in yoga-teacher training…only to encounter an entirely different assortment of craziness and calamity. Where in the OM Am I? is an irreverent, honest, and hilarious memoir chronicling one woman’s journey from the fast-paced, cutthroat corporate world, to the slow-paced, surprisingly catty, and sometimes perilous world of yoga. Along the way, Sara confronts the harsh reality of working in a male-dominated industry, the challenges of being a corporate interloper in the yoga community, and the complexity of interactions between women in both realms. As epic mishaps beget personal revelations, Sara digs deep for the courage to forge a new life for herself.

How can I describe Sara?  She is overworked with self esteem issues and sometimes judgemental of others around her.   While she did amuse me with her reactions to different situation I did not feel a bond with her.  I felt like most the time she put herself in the situations she finds herself in.  Notice I said most of the time.

I believe that Sara is like many of us, just stretching herself too thin and feeling burnt out.   She needs to grow a backbone and stand up to Vomiting Vicky (the boss you love to hate) and to the strange characters in her yoga training class.  She stresses herself out about things beyond her control, but yet does nothing to remove those stresses.   The yoga classes she was taking to relieve her stress now add to her stress.  

Although I did not like Sara as a character I enjoyed her story.  She made me laugh as she struggled with her co workers and bosses.  I am considering taking a power yoga class just to say I tried it and see if it has the release for me that it did for Sara.  

If you are looking for an entertaining read Where in the Om am I? is the novel for you. 

Purchase Where In The Om Am I? by Sara DiVello



The books we review on this site (A NOVEL REVIEW) are sent to us by publishers, authors or downloaded from Netgalley. This is a very common practice.  We never take payments for these reviews and all the reviews on this site are our own thoughts and feelings and are not influenced.

No comments:

Post a Comment