Thursday, November 28, 2013

Stargazing from Nowhere by Isabel Thomas and Marilyn Thomas


From Goodreads

Kristen Morgan's blog is about to get her into trouble. Deep trouble. Online, she is known as "Stargazer" from the popular Stargazing from Nowhere blog, while in real life she is a regular fifteen-year-old high school student. This online anonymity is quite liberating, allowing her to be completely honest with her readers. Through a twist of fate, Rising Tide, the band she has bashed the most online, ends up in her small town, which sends Kristen into an excited panic. To continue gathering fresh material for her blog, she poses as a Rising Tide fan. After sneaking into the band's private party, she comes face to face with the band's drummer, Michael Stevens, who happens to be even more gorgeous in person than she cares to admit. Something unexpected also happens to her when she meets him: she becomes giddy, nervous, and inarticulate, leading Kristen to realize that her interest in Michael has nothing to do with her blog, but everything to do with her heart. As Kristen and Michael grow closer, does she have to make a choice between blog or boyfriend...Or is the choice made for her?

My Review:

Two things originally attracted me to this book.   One is the fact that Kristen is sixteen, my daughters age, and I could so see her being sneaky like Kristen and having a blog and not telling me about it.  I mean she has Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and probably a million other social sites that I don’t yet know about.    I was intrigued to see how Kristen goes about her life, while bashing a band that use to be her favorite, making decisions about what to share and what not to share and how to say it, not always nicely.  Second was she has a blog…hello!  So do I.   I love checking out and following other bloggers.   They are so motivating to me, to keep up with what they are doing, or getting ideas on what to or not to do.   

Kristen was extremely entertaining to me.   I could relate her social struggles to those of a normal teenager, although the celebrity part of it is pretty foreign to me.   The fact that she had a HUGE crush on a band member and then manages to get close enough to meet her crush made her live out every teenagers dream.   Everytime Kristen falter a little I felt for her,  I wondered where her mom was.   It seemed as though her mom was living under a rock.  I check on my daughter and what is posting, where she is, who she is with.  It seemed Kristen’s mom was totally oblivious to the life she was living.  As you can probably tell the mom was not my favorite character, she was the character that I really didn’t like at all.

I have to share that I loved this book.  It has romance, a little mystery (although the reader knows the answer), and a lot of teenage adventures.  This is a book that is cute and fun to read.  I would recommend this to my young adult friends and my “older” friends.  

Purchase Stargazing from Nowhere
Amazon   |   Goodreads 

No comments:

Post a Comment