Thursday, January 2, 2014

Death Never Sleeps by E.J. Simon


Alex Nicholas is a bookie in Queens, while his brother Michael is a straight lined CEO.   When Alex is murdered his brother is called upon to settle his affairs.   While searching for the money that Alex has hidden, Michael comes upon a special laptop.  This laptop keeps Alex alive and teaches Michael what he needs to know to solve the mystery of Alex’s murder and how to keep himself alive. 

My Review:

I found Death Never Sleeps to be a book that I could not put down.  It is a fast read.  While I wasn’t surprised that Alex was murdered, it is a hazard in his line of work, I was surprised how quickly and easily Michael stepped into the world that he had always stayed so far away from.    My concern for Michael and has family kept me reading and hoping that all would turn out for the best and that everyone else in the story would be kept safe.  

Although I found it a little bit sci-fi, Alex being a part of the artificial intelligence world was interesting.   The idea that a computer can feel and have conversation with humans had me thinking of the future and possibilities.  It felt creepy to me at times, one brother deceased and the other alive yet still being able to have conversations and give guidance, but I enjoyed it all the same.

I would have never guessed this was E.J. Simon’s first book.   This is certainly an author I will keep my eyes open for.    I highly recommend this book.

Purchase Death Never Sleeps
Learn more about E.J. Simon
Website   |   Twitter   |   Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment