Monday, March 31, 2014

A Circle of Wives by Alice LaPlante

Dr John Taylor, renowned plastic surgeon, is found dead in a hotel room and small town Detective Samantha
Adams gets put on the case.  What seems to be an open and shut case, until it is discovered that he has three wives in three cities.  Detective Samantha Adams finds herself having to go through a web of lies and marital problems.

My Review:

A Circle of Wives is told from the point of view of four main characters.   Each of the wives and Detective Samantha all get their own chapters to tell the story from their point of views.   The way this was written the reader was able to get the different sides of what happen and compare the stories.   I truly enjoyed getting to know each character so well.  In this style I was able to relate easier and understand why each woman was so blind to Dr. Taylor’s polygamist lifestyle.   I was also able to draw conclusions as to who might have murdered their husband and why.  Although, I cannot say that I knew who done it until the very end of the book.

Alice LaPlante wrote an excellent murder mystery that kept me having to read.  She left me guessing at whom the real killer was and cheering Detective Sam on.    Each chapter had suspense and kept me entertained.  

This is the first book that I have read of Alice LaPlantes.   I am positive that I will be looking for more from this wonderful author. 

Purchase Links
Author Links




No comments:

Post a Comment