Thursday, April 3, 2014

True Blend by Joanne DeMaio

Reviewed by Charlotte Lynn


Amy Trweist’s two year old daughter, Grace,  is pulled right out of her hands and kidnapped.  She is returned safely many hours later by George Carbone, who was in the right place at the right time.  What Amy doesn’t know is that George was involved in the crime that led to the kidnapping.   Their friendship grows and the secret gets harder and harder to keep.   George takes it upon himself to help keep Amy and Grace safe, putting himself in their life and building a relationship with both of them.

My Review:

I have read all of Joanne DeMaio’s other books and loved them all.  This one is so different.   Although there is still the romance and the love, there is a crime.   A huge crime that changes a family forever.  When I started this book I was expecting it to be soft, romantic, and lovey.     This was in the book, but so much more.  

The location is familiar to the readers of DeMaio.   There is mention of Whole Latte Life, the local coffee shop and one of her past books.  I loved the setting of an old farm house and could easily picture the gardens and tire swing that Amy sees when she looks out her back windows.  The bridal shop sounded amazing and I wish that when I got married there was a place like that in my home town. 


True Blend is a book that I will recommend to all.   It is a book that I could not stop reading and was sad when it was over.    Joanne DeMaio has quickly become a go-to author that I always love.  

Purchase Links
Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment