Thursday, July 24, 2014

Then Came You by Jill Shalvis

Animal Magnetism #5
Publish July 1, 2014 by Berkley

Veterinary intern Emily can’t believe she wound up in the small town of Sunshine, Idaho, instead of the Los Angeles clinic she had always imagined. Now she has to put her plans to move to L.A. on hold for a whole year while she fulfills the obligation of her vet school scholarship.

Then Wyatt, her gorgeous one-night stand from a Reno vet conference, introduces himself as her new boss. And Emily is just as drawn to his seductive looks and quiet strength as she was on that very steamy night. She soon learns that Wyatt isn’t just a laid-back doctor, but a delicious alpha male tempting her away from her carefully laid-out plans...

My Thoughts:

Alpha Male, who doesn’t love a good Alpha Male??  That is exactly what Wyatt is.    From the very first time I met Wyatt, I knew he was the good guy.  He wasn’t a love them and leave them type of guy.  His issue is that he never got the chance to make choices for himself growing up so he doesn’t want to take that away from the people around him.  The fact that he had two sisters who couldn’t seem to keep their nose out of his business made me laugh and smile so many times, especially when they were right and even he knew it.

Emily need someone to push her a little to make the choice to stay with Wyatt and in Sunshine.    She was so focused on her plan that she couldn’t see what was right in front of her face.   The fact that everything she wants is in Sunshine and she wants to leave made ma shake my head.   I did love that she had a plan, that she knew what she wanted in life and went for it.   Even achieving most of it.   I didn’t love that she kept her past close to her, not sharing with Wyatt what made her who she is.     Honesty is the biggest part of any successful relationship and I fell like Emily was not able to be honest with Wyatt through most of the book.    


This is the first book by Jill Shalvis that I have read, but I can guarantee that I will be checking out more of them in the near future.  I definitely recommend this book to all my fellow romance lovers. 

Book Links

Author Links
Website   |   Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Goodreads   |   Google+   |   


No comments:

Post a Comment