Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Winter Hopes by Jennifer Gracen

Season of Love #2                    
Publish Date July 1, 2014 by Booktrope Editions

Newly divorced mom Lydia is just getting back on her feet, and still reeling from her intense encounter with Sam at a friend’s destination wedding. As they tentatively explore the demands and rewards of long-distance dating, their instant connection evolves against the vibrant backdrop of New York City. Each begins to trust again – opening up is difficult, even painful, but the joy and hope they feel in each other’s arms demands they lay their hearts on the line. Can their love survive the miles that separate them, and the complexities of nurturing a relationship via email, text and phone? And when Sam finally meets Lydia’s family, will old resentments and unspoken biases bring them closer together or drive them apart? 

My Thoughts:

About two weeks ago I finished the first book of the Seasons of Love series, Autumn Getaway, knowing that I had to get my hands on book two.   Now that I finished book two I know that I have to get my hands on book three. Jennifer Gracen writes in a style that pulls the reader directly into the story from the very first page and does not let go until after, yes after, the last page has been turned. 

I have come to care for Lydia and Sam.  I worry that their families will get in the way of the happy ending, will Lydia’s ex get between them, or will Andy be between them.    The characters in this book have become my friends.  I want them to become successful and happy and I need their families to support their relationships. 

I read this entire book in less than one day.   When it appeared in my mailbox, I knew that I had to read it right away!  Book three cannot come out soon enough. 

Book Links
Goodreads   |   Amazon   
Author Links
Website   |  Facebook   |   Twitter@jennifergracen



No comments:

Post a Comment