Saturday, August 30, 2014

The Beautiful Ashes by Jeaniene Frost

Broken Destiny #1
Publish date August 26, 2014

In a world of shadows, anything is possible. Except escaping your fate.

Ever since she was a child, Ivy has been gripped by visions of strange realms just beyond her own. But when her sister goes missing, Ivy discovers the truth is far worse—her hallucinations are real, and her sister is trapped in a parallel realm. And the one person who believes her is the dangerously attractive guy who's bound by an ancient legacy to betray her.

Adrian might have turned his back on those who raised him, but that doesn't mean he can change his fate…no matter how strong a pull he feels toward Ivy. Together they search for the powerful relic that can save her sister, but Adrian knows what Ivy doesn't: that every step brings Ivy closer to the truth about her own destiny and a war that could doom the world. Sooner or later, it will be Ivy on one side and Adrian on the other. And nothing but ashes in between…

My Thoughts…

I love YA paranormal.   This book is no exception.   Once I started, I started the day after it arrived on my front step, I could not stop.  I wanted to stay up all night and finish but forced myself to put it down and rest my eyes.   Yet, I woke up bright and early and first thing I did was pick it up and finish it!   Now I am left needing more.

Ivy and Adrian had chemistry.  I was not sure from the beginning if this was a good thing or a bad thing.   I wanted it to turn out to be a good thing, but were they meant to be?   Can Adrian overcome his fate and be the guy that Ivy needs?    All these were questions that I knew I had to have the answer to.   I loved both these characters and knew that I had to find the answers to the questions I have and hope that the answers went the way I wanted them to.   

Although Ivy was searching for her sister throughout the entire book, I enjoyed the storyline of Ivy and Adrian more.   I wanted Ivy to find her sister safely, but I wanted more of Ivy and Adrian.    As Ivy was searching for her sister in the different realms, I could picture the creatures they encountered and the worlds they were visiting.   The descriptions and graphics were absolutely perfect.  I love when a book plays like a movie in my mind as I am reading.

 Jeaniene Frost did an excellent job writing The Beautiful Ashes.  This is a series that I will be keeping an eye out for the rest of.   Anyone who loves the paranormal world should check this book out.  

Book Links
Goodreads   |   Amazon   |   Barnes and Noble
Author Link


No comments:

Post a Comment