Friday, April 25, 2014

The Red Hot Chili Cook-Off by Carolyn Brown

Cadillac, Texas #2
April 1, 2014 by Sourcebooks Landmark

From Goodreads:  

In small-town Cadillac, Texas, Carlene Lovelle and her cousins' fancy panty business, Bless My Bloomers, is booming. But irony strikes when Carlene discovers another woman's silk bikini underwear in her husband's briefcase. Lenny Joe hasn't just crossed the line, he's left it in his dust, so Carlene's taking her revenge to the kitchen.

For ten years, Lenny Joe's team has dominated Cadillac's Red-Hot Chili Cook-Off. But with Carlene's Bless My Bloomers team now in the ring, it's anyone's game—and when there's pride and food involved, things are bound to get messy.

My Review:

I have never read a book with so many quirky characters that live on gossip and want revenge so fiercely.   I absolutely LOVED each and every character.  This was a family, with a few friends thrown in, that loved each other completely and constantly spoke their mind knowing someone would speak against them. 

The Red Hot Chili Cook Off is a look at life in a small town in Texas.  I could never live there with all the gossip and tattling going on, but I would love to visit.   I would eat at Clawdy’s and shop at Bless My Bloomers.   And I would definitely arrive during the cook off.   How could I want to miss all that amazing chili and the drama that surrounds the trophy?!?

This is a fun loving story about a HUGE family that has fueds, love and laughs.  I laughed out loud many times and gasped other times.   I will recommend this to my friends and family looking for a fun and easy read.


Purchase Links

No comments:

Post a Comment