Saturday, May 10, 2014

Dirty Blood by Heather Hildenbrand

Dirty Blood #1
Published April 28, 2011 by Accendo Press

From Goodreads:

 I killed a girl last night. I did it with my bare hands and an old piece of pipe I found lying next to the dumpster. But that’s not the part that got me. The part that scared me, the part I can’t seem to wrap my head around and still has me reeling, was that when she charged me, her body shifted – and then she was a wolf. All snapping teeth and extended claws. But by the time I stood over her lifeless body, she was a girl again. That’s about the time I went into shock… And that was the moment he showed up.

Now, all I can do is accept the truths that are staring me in the face. One, Werewolves do exist. And Two, I was born to kill them.

My Review:

Witty and smart Tara is a wonderful character.   She was immediately my favorite and I was hoping that she lived to find out what she was.    At the beginning she was stubborn and at every turn almost getting herself killed.    As the story continues you can see her coming to terms with what she is and what is expected of her.   The Hunter in her comes out little by little and I grew to look forward to seeing the aggressive side of her.    Her other side, the romantic side, had me worried.   She had fallen for a boy/werewolf who didn’t seem to return her feelings.   Her feelings were portrayed as a teenager, which is what she is, and were over board at times, childish at other times, and other times very adult like and understanding.  I enjoyed the romance and hoped that it would be a happy pairing.

Wes is yummy.  His only job is to keep Tara safe and he throws himself into this 100%.  He is protective and strong with a soft side.  He would die to keep her from harm.   The connection between them was electric and felt almost immediately.   Although, he was so stubborn that he didn’t want to give in to those feelings and fought them throughout almost the entire story.    The struggle within himself was fun to watch but I was really hoping he would show her how much she meant to him and quickly.  

The plot was fast and fun.   Once I started reading I did not want to put it down.   I am thrilled that the book is set up to have follow ups.  I highly recommend Heather Hildenbrand and Dirty Blood.

Buy Links
Author Link
Website   |   Facebook   |   Twitter 


No comments:

Post a Comment