Saturday, June 15, 2013

Grishma by Kelly Anne Blount

Reviewed by Charlotte Lynn

In the world of Necoh there lives a monster that everyone fears, the Grishma.  When Grishma kills Ryder’s father and kidnaps his mother and sister he promises to find them and then kill Grishma.  When Ryder brings Brooklyn back from Earth to Necoh he puts her in danger.  Brooklyn is mistaken for the missing Princess Sophie.  He then knows he must get her home to keep her alive.

Grishma is certainly a young adult fairy tale.  I liked that a lot of the description was not used in the characters and setting.  This allowed me to imagine what I was reading.  I pictured the Grishma as a huge, rough, hairy, and mean lady with a scream that will make your ears bleed.  I struggled understanding some of the other character.  The only one who really had any history was Ryder and even that was not enough.  I would have liked to known more and be able to connect with them.

The story has many twists and turns.  As I thought I knew where the story was going it would suddenly change directions.  This kept me reading.  The adventure and break from reality will keep any young adult reader entertained.  

Purchase Grishma by Kelly Anne Blount

Follow Kelly Anne Blount

The books we review on this site (A NOVEL REVIEW) are sent to us by publishers, authors or downloaded from Netgalley. This is a very common practice.  We never take payments for these reviews and all the reviews on this site are our own thoughts and feelings and are not influenced.




No comments:

Post a Comment