Monday, July 8, 2013

All My Restless Life to Live by Dee DeTarsio

Review by Charlotte Lynn


From Goodreads:

Life is a soap opera, especially for Elle Miller, who writes for one. (Ellen dropped the “n” in her name in hopes of finding a better ending for herself.) When her laptop crashes, she borrows her recently deceased dad’s computer and gets way more than she bargained for.

Elle unravels mysterious communications from his computer, while her mom decides to give Internet dating a try. As Elle tries to save her career at I’d Rather Be Loved with a storyline featuring a trip through Atlantis, she takes a trip to the Emmys, and finds herself in the middle of a romance between a real doctor and a hunk who just plays one on TV.

Friends, family, and clues from “the other side” all help Elle figure out the difference between living the good life and living a good life.


My Review:

I loved Elle(n).  I could find myself relating to her easily.  The way that she talked to herself and answered herself most of the time reminded me of myself.  Her relationship with Dream Man Brad and Quez was entertaining.  Although Dr. Brad seemed to be the obvious choice I was thrilled when she didn’t fall for him and worked through the struggles in her relationship with Quez.  It was great to see a “real” relationship, not just a hot and sexy one.  To have an adult relationship instead of just a fun fling.

Liam was the character that I couldn’t like.  I didn’t hate him, but he was a horrible boss and all around person.  He came across as conceited and self serving.  But he did go out on a limb and fight for the tv show to not be cancelled and came through in the end.  Do I like him? No, not really.  Maybe he just isn’t as bad as he first appeared to be.

I believe in the afterlife.  I believe in heaven.  Do I believe that the people who die come back and leave clues?  Maybe, but I am not sure that they will come back through the computer.   The communications with her dad did send her in the right direction and mend many of her relationships with the people who mean the most to her. 

All My Restless Life to Live is a great chic-lit book.  There are some tough subjects, but Dee DeTarsio handled them all perfectly and made this a book I wanted to keep reading.  I will recommend this book to all my friends and fellow readers. 

Purchase All My Restless Life to Live by Dee DeTarsio

Follow Dee DeTarsio

The books we review on this site (A NOVEL REVIEW) are sent to us by publishers, authors or downloaded from Netgalley. This is a very common practice.  We never take payments for these reviews and all the reviews on this site are our own thoughts and feelings and are not influenced.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Charlotte Lynn! I am so glad you read and reviewed All My Restless Life to Live and liked it! I hope you are having a great summer (filled with great books!). Take care!

    ReplyDelete