Saturday, October 5, 2013

5W's of J.H. Cardwell

J.H. Cardwell has written Attainment, which was released in July 2013.   I am luckily enough to have been asked to read and review it for her.  My review will be coming up later this month.   In the mean time, I am very honored to introduce you to J.H.Cardwell.   Please check out her website, follow her on Facebook, and follow her on Twitter.  


WHO? I’m a wife, mother, daughter, daughter-in-law, sister, niece, cousin, friend, neighbor, and co-worker. After marrying my high school sweetheart and enjoying married life for a few years, we decided to start a family, basically never stopping…until now! We have four beautiful children – three daughters and finally a baby boy. I was originally a Registered Nurse and later went in to medical sales. Only recently have I allowed myself the indulgence of my passion for writing. 

WHAT?  What do you enjoy doing other than writing in your spare time? 
Spare time…what’s that? Oh, yeah, the time I crunch into my busy day of working, carpooling, helping with my children’s homework, cooking, cleaning, talking and trying to find alone time with hubby, seeing family and friends, eating, WRITING, READING, working out on my elliptical machine, hollering at kids, praying, attending church, keeping up with Instagram, Facebook, and my website, drinking wine (because I have to fit that one in) and the list goes on…And yeah, I actually enjoy doing ALL of these (except maybe cleaning). If I’m not busy, I’m not productive! But every now and then, especially in the winter, I love to mindlessly veg out watching America’s Funniest Home Videos, eating popcorn and drinking Dr. Pepper with my family! I also love date night, grilling out, beach time, shopping, listening to music, and fine dining.

WHEN?  When did you know you wanted to be a writer?
I’ve always loved writing, pretending, and make-believe. In fact, I was sure I was going to be an actress growing up due to my overly active imagination. Of course, you can read my ‘Who’ above to know that didn’t happen. OH well, I’m very happy anyhow! I’m even happier now that I took the plunge and published my first novel. I read my one to three novels a week, and know that I too can bring characters to life for people to live through, just like some of my favorite authors.


WHERE?  Where do you write?
Well…this one is very telling. I write where my kids are not…typically. You can find me oblivious to the world around me in my car, in Starbucks, at kid’s birthday parties, and the list goes on. My favorite places are on my patio sitting in my glider, or in my sunroom on my comfy leather sofa, with my feet propped up. But, I don’t always get that luxury! If my kids must be around (which I guess I better admit they are at least sometimes, ha, ha), then I have learned to tune them out when I’m busy writing except for urgent questions. In fact, sometimes you’ll find them writing beside of me, working on their own stories. Typically, I do my best writing late at night when my children and husband are asleep and in the early hours of the morning.


WHY?  Why do you write?
I write to live vicariously through my words. My husband has always gotten on me for over-telling a story or a situation when I’m talking to someone. I love elaboration and details…I guess sometimes, too much so. I enjoy letting the thoughts dictate my fingers on the keypad; then I step back and read how the story transpired. It is a nice outlet for me for my daily stress, as well as a way to experiment with all sorts of different life choices and consequences. After all, God knows I’m happy with the one I’ve chosen, but either way, it’s the one I’m living. 



1 comment:

  1. Thank you Charlotte for posting my interview! I appreciate the opportunity to let others know all about who I am and who I aspire to be. I look forward to meeting and talking with many readers in the coming weeks, months, and years! I hope readers will check out Attainment, and the sequel, Atonement due out next month.

    ReplyDelete