Monday, February 24, 2014

Cider Brook by Carla Neggers

Swift River Valley #3
Published January 28, 2014


Being rescued by a good-looking, bad-boy firefighter isn't how Samantha Bennett expected to start her stay in Knights Bridge, Massachusetts. Now she has everyone's attention—especially that of Justin Sloan, her rescuer, who wants to know why she was camped out in an abandoned old New England cider mill.

Samantha is a treasure hunter who has returned to Knights Bridge to solve a 300-year-old mystery and salvage her good name. Justin remembers her well. He's the one who alerted her late mentor to her iffy past and got her fired. But just because he doesn't trust her doesn't mean he can resist her. Samantha is daring, determined, seized by wanderlust—everything that strong, stoic Justin never knew he wanted. Until now…

My Review:

This is my first Carla Neggers book.   From the synopsis I was expecting it to be a mushy, lovie, and romantic story.   It was a love and romance story, but there was so much more to that.  Cider Brook is a story of a woman, Samantha, who returns to Knights Bridge to redeem herself.   The fact that she worked there for two days and was fired earlier in her life stayed with her.   She felt the need to go back and show that she wasn’t there to pull one over on her ex-boss.   Little did she know that she would meet and fall for a volunteer fireman and carpenter, Justin, who saves her life the first night in Knights Bridge.   The sparks may have started from the very first contact, it took the whole book for the two of them to get together.  I loved that.   I loved that their story built the entire story and then exploded at the end.    Not many books can build a relationship, not just falling into bed,  through 300+ pages and not lose the reader’s attention, but Carla Neggers did it perfectly.  

As I finished this book, I knew I had to read more by Carla Neggers.   I plan on going back and reading the first two books in this series and then seeing what else I can get my hands on.   I highly recommend this book.

Purchase Cider Brook
Learn more about Carla Neggers  
Website   |   Facebook



1 comment: