Monday, February 17, 2014

Grace Alive by Natasha House

From Goodreads :  

Meet Zoe Reed. She is 26, unmarried, and still living with her parents. She works at a lame craft store, where she feels like her life has become one giant disappointment. She's waiting for Mr. Right, yet having never been on a date—let alone kissed a man—she wonders if he will ever come. When Branson Tate and his three kids stumble into her life, she finds the breathtaking man to be exactly opposite of what her parents want for her. He’s not a virgin, has a crazy past, and three children to prove it. Even still, the moment Branson asks her out for coffee, she hears God tell her to go, and her life begins to flip upside down

My Review:

Grace Alive is an amazing book.   It deals with some incredibly tough subjects and it handles them well.  
Zoe’s dad, the pastor of their church, was a huge turn off for me.   I have never in my life heard someone talk to their child, much less a grown child, the way he did.  And he did it every time he had a conversation with her.   Having high expectations for your child is one thing, but he carried it to a whole different level.   Then to find out the reason behind it his treatment, I am not sure I would ever forgive my dad. 

BUT… then there is Zoe.   I LOVE ZOE.   She goes out of her way to please her father and mother and do things the way they want.   Even though what they want is making her incredibly unhappy.   Then God talks to her.   She knows that God will not lead her wrong and stands up to her parents, especially her father, and does what she knows is the right thing.   She handles the criticism, the gossip, and disappointing her friends with so much grace and charm, I was in awe.  

While dealing with tough situations, including some sexual ones, I would not recommend it to my teenager and her friends, but as an adult I absolutely loved it.   I will happily recommend it to all my friends.

Purchase Grace Alive
Learn more about Natasha House

No comments:

Post a Comment