Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Reflections of Queen Snow White by David Meredith


Queen Snow White has found her happily ever after with Prince Charming, that is until he passes away leaving her alone with their daughter Princess Raven.   It is the night before Raven is to get married and Snow White is dwelling on all she has lost, not able to help her daughter get ready for her wedding or ease any of her fears and nerves.  In trying to lose herself in the castle, she ends up in the tower used by her stepmother and finds the magic mirror.  It shows her all that Snow White has forgotten and that has made her who is she is today…The Queen.

My Review:

This is an adult fairy tale.   It is the story of an adult and very unhappy Snow White.  The Reflections of Queen Snow White deals with depression after suffering the loss of a spouse.   I wasn’t sure what I would think of this book.  I love all things Disney, including Snow White, and was unsure if I wanted to read about a sad Snow White.   Although most of the story was sad and depressing, it was also interesting to hear about her past, the past that wasn’t covered in the movie, and how it formed the woman she is today.   We all know of the Wicked Queen sending her away, the huntsman who is to kill her, the dwarfs that help take care of her, and of course Prince Charming coming to save her.  This is so much more.   It tells of how the Wicked Queen actually treated her, it tells of the damage that treatment and the loss of her parents truly affected her. 

Once I started this book I could not put it down.   I was hoping for another happily ever after for Snow White, but was truly unsure if it was going to happen.   There was really only two ways for this book to end, happy or sad.  I absolutely recommend this book to any fairy tale lover.   You will not be sorry that you read this book.  It is a story that I will share with my book club and my friends.

Purchase The Reflections of Queen Snow White
Learn more about David Meredith
Website   |   Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment