Monday, December 22, 2014

Save Me by Kristyn Kusek Lewis

Daphne Mitchell has always believed in cause and effect, right and wrong, good and bad. The good: her dream job as a doctor; Owen, her childhood sweetheart and now husband; the beautiful farmhouse they're restoring together. In fact, most of her life has been good--until the day Owen comes home early from work to tell her he's fallen head over heels for someone else.

Unable to hate him, but also equally incapable of moving forward, Daphne's life hangs in limbo until the day Owen's new girlfriend sustains near-fatal injuries in a car accident. As Daphne becomes a pillar of support for the devastated Owen, and realizes that reconciliation may lie within her grasp, she has to find out whether forgiveness is possible and decide which path is the right one for her.

My thoughts...I loved the authenticity of Daphne. Her husband, whom she loves, is ready to start a family with, her everything suddenly tells her I need a break I'm not sure I'm all in anymore and oh by the way I had an affair (all in the first few pages not a spoiler). What would you do with that! Just as she is beginning to process everything the woman who he had a fling with is in an accident, Owen needs Daphne. Her best friend, Annie KNOWS what is best for her and pushes her to do just that. The problem is Daphne is all over the place.

I understood Daphne. You can't just turn those feelings off...you would want to believe the best even during the worst. I felt so bad for her. It didn't seem like anyone was willing to just listen to her and allow her to process what was going on around her. She knew everything they were telling her, but she needed to decide what she was going to do. In the end, it is her life. (and I'm totally an Annie ;)

I really enjoyed how I wasn't sure how this was going to end. I won't say anymore about the story. This was a really fast read, I just flew through the story. I wanted to know how everything would play out. I could definitely see this as a great book to read with friends and chit chat especially about the end! I'm recommending SAVE ME!

Follow Kristyn Kusek Lewis

Buy a copy of Save Me by Kristyn Kusek Lewis


No comments:

Post a Comment