Monday, May 27, 2013

Lighthouse Bay by Kimberley Freeman

Reviewed by Charlotte Lynn
Isabella Winterbourne is on a ship with her husband taking a priceless gift to the Australian Parliament.  When the ship sinks near Lighthouse Bay, Australia Isabella realizes that this is her chance to start her life over, ending her loveless marriage.

A hundred years later Libby Slater leaves Paris after the sudden death of her married lover of twelve years and heads home to Lighthouse Bay.  She hopes to reconcile with her sister, Juliet, and get past her broken heart.

This is a bonus book.  I got two stories in one amazing novel.  Lighthouse Bay went from 1901 to 2011 but I was so caught up in the story that I never minded.  I enjoyed more that both Isabella’s and Libby’s story were so moving.

Isabella and Libby are very similar characters.  They both suffered the loss of a love one and they both started their lives over.  Both women have to move beyond their pasts to get their futures.  I enjoyed watching these characters become good and strong women, who make choices and live with them and succeed. 

I found myself unable to stop reading this novel.  I was expecting a romance novel and was not disappointed but there was so much more to this story.  Kimberley Freeman is a must read author for me. I highly recommend this novel.

Purchase Lighthouse Bay by Kimberley Freeman

Follow Kimberley Freeman

No comments:

Post a Comment