Monday, June 17, 2013

5w’s of Stephanie Elliot.


5w’s of Stephanie Elliot.


WHO?
I was born in Tampa and have lived in the following states and in this order: Florida, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Illinois again, and now Arizona. I never thought I would live in the west but here I am. I am the oldest of four children and we all have names that begin with the letter S. I answer to the name of Stacy all of the time since my mom called me by my sister's name (and my brothers' names too!) all of the time. I'm a mom to three kids, a wife to a husband of 20 years, which still cracks me up that I have done something THAT long!

WHAT? 
I love reading of course, and also connecting with writers. I have my own book blog, Booking with Manic so I love to share awesome books with other writers. I love doing yoga but haven't done it in forever and I need to get back into it. I love the beach. I LOVE napping. I love cool mornings and taking walks where there are no bugs - and there are no bugs in Scottsdale. Things I hate: grocery shopping, cooking, shopping for clothes, makeup, shoes - I get majorly stressed out over these things.


WHEN?  When did you know you wanted to be a writer?
I used to make up poems in second grade and then decorate the background of the page. I wrote short stories in high school and had poems published in the school literary journal. I took Creative Writing junior year in high school and then audited the class senior year. In college I studied journalism so I think I always knew I would write some way or another.

WHERE?  Where do you write?
When my kids were little (they are currently 15, 14 and 11), I would write in my office late at night with a good-smelling candle and could crank out a ton of pages and stay up until 1 or 2 a.m. Then more recently I would go to Starbucks to write. Now I will write mostly in my office. It's not too exciting, but I do it whenever I can.

WHY?  Why do you write?
Because the stuff needs to come out. I really don't want to say this because it's gross but it's like having diarrhea. Other writers will understand. And sometimes, yes, it is just as messy and horrible. But that is what editing is for. Or a garbage can.







Synopsis of What She Left Us:
Jenna and Courtney are dealing with the unexpected death of their mother in different ways. Jenna broke off her engagement to the man she thought she'd love forever, while Courtney headed back to college to take charge of a dorm-floor full of college students as a resident assistant.

Six months later, Jenna is fueled by panic over the news that the sisters may have the same disease that caused their mother's death and she makes an irrational decision - she packs it up and heads to college to be with Courtney. The timing couldn't be worse for Courtney, who's discovering love for the first time with Mitch, a sexy guitar player who may just be off limits.

Emotionally unstable, Jenna wonders if she made the worst mistake of her life by breaking off her engagement with Darren, and when he shows up to make amends, she can't help but second-guess her decision. But then there's Clay, the compassionate bartender at Klippy's who seems to understand everything Jenna's going through. And those hazel eyes just seem to see right through to Jenna's soul…

As the girls maneuver through their unpredictable futures, trying to manage their new health risks as well as tumultuous love lives, Courtney finds a disturbing photograph that indicates there may be more to their family than she ever imagined.

This stunning revelation could shatter the sisters to the very core, making them question everything they thought they knew about their family, their faith, their past and, most of all, each other.

Links:




No comments:

Post a Comment