Monday, June 10, 2013

Big Daddy's Rules by Steve Schirripa

Reviewed by Charlotte Lynn

Known for being an actor, Steve Schirripa tells the story of his life as being a dad.  His old school rules and advice and his humor make this a perfect  self help book for any parent of girls, especially teenage girls.  His definition of Big Daddy is someone who is strong, devoted, and always looking out for his girls even if it means he is not the cool dad.

This book is informational but so funny and enjoyable.  I have a tween and a teenager, both girls.  The stories Steve shares in his story hit home with me.  The stories of his kids pushing for more freedom, of dating, and of fighting were almost exactly the story of my life.   I got ideas on how to react and how to approach some issues.  As a mom I saw a lot more of my husband in Steve’s reactions then myself in his reactions and thoughts.  They made me laugh and shake my head.

I absolutely loved this book.  I laughed, I cried (when he left his daughter at college), and I read… and read…and read.  I could not stop.  Anyone, Mom or Dad, who has teenage girls will relate to Steve.  This could be labeled as self-help or parenting, but it is so much more.  I will certainly recommend this to my fellow parents. 

Purchase Big Daddy's Rules by Steve Schirripa

The books we review on this site (A NOVEL REVIEW) are sent to us by publishers, authors or downloaded from Netgalley. This is a very common practice.  We never take payments for these reviews and all the reviews on this site are our own thoughts and feelings and are not influenced.

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to read this one... have an almost 16 year old daughter as well.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete