Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Dear Adam by Ava Zavora


From Goodreads: 
        
“You’re the more real to me than any man I’ve ever known … ”

To book blogger Eden, Adam is the embodiment of every literary fantasy she’s ever had. Intelligent, wickedly funny, sexy, and attentive – he and his fascinating life seem right out of a novel. Their whirlwind relationship is so intense and all consuming that soon she can’t imagine being with anyone else. 

But there’s one little thing that’s keeping Adam and Eden from their happily ever after. 

They’ve never met. She doesn’t even know what he looks like.

Despite how hard she’s fallen for him and how he makes her feel, Eden’s doubts begin to threaten their passionate love affair. Why is he so mysterious? Why does he seem reluctant to meet her? What is Adam hiding? 

Afraid that she’s being made a fool of, Eden is forced to choose between her heart and her head. Is Adam too good to be true, as her common sense is telling her, or is the truth more startling than fiction?


My Review:

I was drawn in by the idea of someone meeting someone on line and “falling in love” without ever meeting.  I have always been taught that if it seems too good to be true then it probably is.   That is exactly how Adam sounded.   He had all the right words at the right time, but refused to show who he really was.  I was very worried at the beginning that Eden would just believe it all.  The relief  I felt when she started questioning who Adam really was, was huge.  I had to keep reading.   I had to know if she ever found her truth and knew who she was and who he was.   Never did I dream that Adam was what he was. 
 
The layout of this book was probably the biggest turn off to me.  It is very hard to keep the story flowing when you have to read from, to, and time to know who is saying what and when they are saying it.  It was hard for me to get the feelings and emotions through these forms.  The challenge of writing a book all in emails, texts, Skype conversations, and tweets was not lost on me, but it is not my favorite form of reading.  I found that I would put the book down after reading an email, where I feel if it was written in a different style I would have felt the need to keep reading.

I will recommend this book and I will talk about this book, due to the content and the writing style.  It being different than what I am use to will make it a book I will not forget.  

Purchase Dear Adam by Ava Zavora
Goodreads   |   Amazon   |  Barnes and Noble   |   Kobo   |   iTunes

Follow Ava Zavora



2 comments:

  1. The reviews are so intriguing Charlotte!

    Thank you for taking part in Ava's tour.

    Shaz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my pleasure to work with you Shaz. I truly enjoyed Dear Adam.

      Delete