Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Take Me, Cowboy by Jane Porter


From Goodreads

When Jenny Wright’s fiancĂ© leaves her standing at the altar in a Vera Wang bridal gown she can’t afford, she’s humiliated and heartbroken. To have Marietta hero bull riding champ Colton Thorpe witness her shame - makes the rejection even more devastating. 

Jenny and Colton grew up in the same rough neighborhood and they both left home right after school to pursue big dreams. Now they're both back, with Colton as the celebrity chair for the 75th Copper Mountain Rodeo, and Jenny in disgrace. 

Sexy, rugged Colton didn't get to be a national champion by chance. He's a man that takes risks and goes after what he wants. During the rodeo weekend, Colton makes it clear he wants Jenny. Flustered but flattered, Jenny finds it difficult to resist his charm. But what happens when the rodeo ends and Colton leaves town? Will she dare to dream again?

My Review:

This is the fourth book in The Copper Mountain Rodeo Series.    The stories are written by different authors but contain the same characters, although the main character changes with each book. I LOVE Jane Porter and she did not disappoint.     This is a one sitting read.  When I was done I was like WHAT?  That is it??  I want more!  

I have to talk about Colton…Oooo La La!  He is the typical bad boy.   The girl all the girls has crushes on and the boy that knows the girls want him.     But he also is a bad boy with a HUGE heart.  He approached Jenny on the street when he sees he upset and doesn’t let up.   Although his heart has been broken and he doesn’t want to let anyone in, I enjoyed watching him open up and let Jenny in a little at a time.

Jenny was an entertaining character..  I had a hard time with how she handled being left at the altar and how she accepted Charles’ reason for not being able to get married.    But I loved that her high school crush was the one who rescued her.    I also loved that she stood up for her parents, even when her upbringing was not the best, when their “class” was attacked.  I felt that Jenny was a character that managed to come into her own by the end of her book and  step out of all that was expected of her and instead be what she wanted to be. 

I love that this is a series.  Each book can be read alone, but has hints as to happen in the other books.   I highly recommend Jane Porter’s Take Me, Cowboy.  As a matter of fact I highly recommend the whole The Copper Mountain Rodeo series.  

Purchase Take Me, Cowboy
Learn more about Jane Porter
Website      

No comments:

Post a Comment