Friday, March 28, 2014

THE FIVE W’S and HOW Of Eleanor Moran

Eleanor Moran is the author of three previous novels: Stick or Twist, Mr Almost
Right and Breakfast in Bed, which is currently being developed for television.
Eleanor also works as a television drama executive and her TV credits include
Spooks, Being Human and a biopic of Enid Blyton, Enid, starring Helena Bonham
Carter. Eleanor grew up in North London, where she still lives.

WHO? Who are you besides a writer?
I write part of the week, and run a drama department in a TV company the other
half. I come up with ideas for shows, and also work on fabulous ideas people bring
to me. I had a long career at the BBC, where I got to work on all kinds of great
projects like MI5 and Rome.

WHAT? What do you enjoy doing other than writing in your spare time?
I try not to write in my spare time! I love cooking, I find it really satisfying, even
though I'm no cordon bleu wunderkind. I love cooking for people, I'm happy with
an open bottle of red wine and a noisy, crowded kitchen. I'm a film and tv nut, and
I cannot WAIT for Thursdays for the next episode of The Good Wife (choose Will!)

WHEN? When did you know you wanted to be a writer?
I think I always wanted to write, and took an English Literature degree. I didn't
have the guts to think I had a story worth telling until I was in my early 30s. I was
set to get married and, whilst it all looked good on paper, I knew in my heart it
was wrong. A friend unexpectedly dropped out of a week long course. I took her
place and spent that week pouring it all out on paper. It was the beginning of my
first novel, Stick or Twist.

WHERE? Where do you write?
I write at the British Library, an amazing place in London where they keep every
book ever published. It's very sociable, so there's always some fellow writer who is
also desperate to break for coffee. It's also the world's most unlikely pick up joint.
A soulful looking man with a ponytail dropped a poem on my desk a few months
ago.

WHY? Why do you write?
I write because I can't not! I do find it hard, but it's also immensely satisfying. I
like being able to shape a story and watch my heroines change and develop as I
throw rocks at them.

How? Has your writing success changed your life?
I love seeing my books in print, and I really love hearing from readers, and knowing
they were moved by the story. The response in England to The Last Time I Saw
You was particularly gratifying. It proved my theory that most women have had a
toxic friendship at some time in their life that has haunted them for years to
come.

The Last Time I Saw You
by Eleanor Moran




When Olivia Berrington gets the call to tell her that her best friend from university has been killed in a car crash in New York, her life is turned upside down. Her relationship with Sally was an exhilarating roller coaster, until a shocking betrayal drove them apart. But if Sally had really turned her back, why is her little girl named Olivia?

As questions mount about the fatal accident, Olivia is forced to go back and unravel her tangled history. But as Sally's secrets start to spill out, Olivia's left asking herself if the past is best kept buried.

I think THE LAST TIME I SAW YOU by Eleanor Moran sounds wonderful! Make sure to learn more about Elanor by following her and I set up links, so you can purchase your copy!

Follow Eleanor Moran

Buy your copy of The Last Time I Saw You by Eleanor Moran

“Gripping, emotional – shows how losing a best friend can be worse than losing a lover."
—Daisy Goodwin, author of My Last Duchess on The Last Time I Saw You


"Defiantly superior women's fiction . . . “ —Independent on Breakfast in Bed

No comments:

Post a Comment