Monday, April 14, 2014

THE FIVE W’S and HOW Of Kimberley Freeman




WHO? Who are you besides a writer? 
I'm a senior lecturer in writing at University of Queensland (what you'd call an Associate Professor in the States). I teach two courses a year in creative writing and editing, and research in the field of medieval studies.

WHAT? What do you enjoy doing other than writing in your spare time?
I am a mad keen cyclist, putting in about 7 hours a week of cycling. I also have two kids that keep me busy, and I like to hang out with friends. And of course I love to read.

WHEN? When did you know you wanted to be a writer?
From birth. I'm not even joking. I never wanted to be anything else.

WHERE? Where do you write? 
About 30% at my desk, and about 70% in bed on a laptop. Writing in bed is very relaxing, though not great for my back.

WHY? Why do you write?
Because it's still fun after all these years.

How? Has your writing success changed your life?
I get to meet awesome people who love books all the time. I get to spend all my time reading books, thinking and talking about books.


Kimberley Freeman has a new book out, Ember Island! I am personally very excited to read it and wanted to share. I will hopefully get reading it very soon and will share my review once it's done, until then here is a bit about it!


Ember Island: A Novel
by Kimberley Freeman


1890: Orphaned as a small child, Tilly Kirkland found a loving, safe home with her grandfather in Dorset. But nineteenth-century England is an unforgiving place for a young woman with limited means and as her grandfather's health fails, it seems perfect timing that she meets Jasper Dellafore. Yet her new husband is not all he seems. Alone in the Channel Islands, Tilly finds her dream of a loving marriage is turning into a nightmare.

2012: Bestselling novelist Nina Jones is struggling with writer's block and her disappointing personal life. Nothing is quite working. After a storm damages Starwater, her house on Ember Island, she decides to stay for a while and oversee the repairs: it s a perfect excuse to leave her problems behind her on the mainland. Then Nina discovers diary pages hidden in the walls of the old home. And a mystery unravels that she is determined to solve.

Though the two women are separated by years, Starwater House will alter the course of both their lives. Nina will find that secrets never stay buried and Tilly learns that what matters most is trusting your heart.


See, doesn't it sound amazing! I'm adding links so you can buy your copy!

Ember Island: A Novel by Kimberley Freeman

Follow Kimberley Freeman

No comments:

Post a Comment