Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Q & A :

Today I'd like to introduce to you writer, Karen McQuestion. She is the author of the novel A Scattered Life (as well as many others), which I will be posting a review for on Thursday of this week. I'm so excited for Karen to be joinging us here on A Novel Review today and answering what are:


THE 5 W'S OF Karen McQuestion


Who is Karen McQuestion.
Reader, writer, wife, mom, daughter, sister, friend—I’m all of these things, but that’s only part of the story. I live in the village of Hartland, Wisconsin on a quiet street in a modest-sized house.
If you’re asking about my personality, I can tell you that I’m a formerly shy child, who is now a fairly confident, outspoken adult, but it took me way too long to get from there to here. I love my nearly-grown kids beyond measure, but look forward to the day when they’re independent, so I can claim my time as my own (I hate to admit that). I second-guess myself constantly when it comes to well, everything. I’m definitely a work in progress.
What do you enjoy doing when your not writing?
Reading, watching movies, spending time with my kids, going on walks with my husband. I love traveling, but I also like time spent at home. Solitude energizes me, so the writer’s life is a good one for me.
When did you know you wanted to be a writer?
In third grade, my teacher, Mrs. DiFrances, read a story I’d written out loud to my class. Seeing their reaction, which was enthusiastic, clinched it for me. I was the shy kid who was terrible in gym and lacked confidence, but this was something I loved to do, and apparently I wasn’t too bad at it.
Where do you write?
I have a home office, but since I’ve gotten my laptop I either write at the Hartland Public Library or in a recliner in my living room.
Why do you write?
I love writing and I have an endless supply of ideas for stories, so for me the question is--why not? J


Thank-you so much for much for stopping here at A Novel Review, Karen!

http://karenmcquestion.com/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment

FTC Disclaimer
As of December 1, 2009, According to The Federal Trade Commission (FTC), product reviewers on blogs must disclose whether they received products for free or received payment for their review.

The books we review on this site (A NOVEL REVIEW) are sent to us by publishers, authors or downloaded from Netgalley. This is a very common practice. We never take payments for these reviews and all the reviews on this site are our own thoughts and feelings and are not influenced.