Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Review for Monarch Beach by Anita Hughes


Monarch Beach is the debut book from author Anita Hughes. Amanda Blick is a middle aged wife and mom who has a great life--until one Tuesday morning. Tuesday morning she finds her gorgeous husband, "enjoying" the restaurants sous chef.

Now, what you need to know about Amanda is she is loaded! So after finding another woman's legs wrapped around her husband, her mother suggests a getaway. A getaway for the super wealthy, complete with pool waiters-a stay in the lap of luxury at the St. Regis Resort in Laguna Beach. While enjoying their time in the sun she meets a new guy, making her realize she is more than a wife and mother. She soon realizes the world is still full of possibilities.

I really enjoyed, Monarch Beach! it was light reading with touches of seriousness. It was a different from other books I've read in the sense Amanda was so rich she could escape more easily than anyone I know. There is lots of name brands listed, in someways I thought it made Amanda shallow--however I was reminded near the end of the book Amanda was really into fashion.

I would say I never overly liked or disliked Amanda. But that's ok, because I really enjoyed the book. This is a fantastic book to take to the beach! And I'll tell you what if you can't hit the beach this summer just grab yourself a copy of Monarch Beach, a fruity drink and stick your feet in the kiddie pool because Anita is gonna bring the beach to you!

I'm definitely recommending Monarch Beach for your beach bag!

Reviewed by: Laura Kay

1 comment: