Friday, June 1, 2012

THE FIVE W’S Of Jackie Pilossoph

Jackie Pilossoph author of HOOK, LINE AND SINK HIM, JACKPOT!, and a third book coming out this year FREE GIFT WITH PURCHASE  is here today on A Novel Review to let us know what are

The 5 W's of Jackie Pilossoph

WHO? 
I’m a single mom whose kids are my life.  I love being a mother more than anything else I’ve ever done in life. But, I’m also a dramatic romantic. I LOVE love stories and romantic comedy movies and chicklit. I enjoy setting people up.  I love meeting girls out and having wine and talking about girl stuff, such as relationships, sex, celebrity gossip, and shoes. And I love my family. We all live in different cities but we all call each other every day and when something is going on with one of us, everyone calls everyone and tells them. It’s kind of funny.

WHAT? What do you enjoy doing other than writing in your spare time?
When I’m not writing, I’m spending time with my kids. They’re 8 and 10. I embarrass my son a lot by cheering too loudly at his basketball games, and my favorite thing to do with my kids is cuddle under blankets, eat popcorn and watch a movie. I love watching them grow up and I’m constantly amused at the hilarious things that come out of their mouths. When I’m not with my kids (or writing) I’m at the gym. I do kickboxing and strength classes. And I love meeting girlfriends for coffee or a drink.

WHEN? When did you know you wanted to be a writer?
I started writing about 10 years ago when my son was born. When he was napping, I would run to my computer and write love stories and love scenes and it was like an escape from motherhood for an hour or two. I got to re-live my single days on my computer! My writing turned from a hobby into a career when I got divorced. Emotions were pouring out of me and all I wanted to do was write. It gave me great comfort and always made me feel better, so I kept doing it. And the more I did it, the better of a writer I became.

WHERE? Where do you write? 
I write at my kitchen table. It’s a really bright room and I love the smell of coffee. The combination of writing and drinking coffee is heavenly. I love to write early early in the morning before my kids get up. By the time they’re up, I feel like I’ve already accomplished so much for the day.

WHY? Why do you write?
Writing makes me feel really productive and talented. Sometimes I look at something I’ve written in the past and I think, ‘I can’t believe I wrote this, it’s horrible.’ So, I rewrite it and then I think, ‘Wow, I’m good!’  I also write because I truly believe it’s the best form of therapy in the world. I take real life situations and turn them into novels and it helps me deal with what happened and sort it out. And at the same time, I’m telling a very entertaining, engaging story. Try it! You’ll get addicted!

Thank-you so much for joining us, Jackie! I have to say Girls Night Out--wine...I'm so in! Wishing you the best of luck on your newest book! Can't wait to learn more about it!

If you missed it, make sure to read Charlotte's review of Jackie's book JACKPOT! Or better yet get yourself a copy! :D

Get to Jackie better by following her:
Website

1 comment: