Friday, September 14, 2012

THE FIVE W’S Of Jane Porter

Jane is an award-winning novelist with over 5 million books in print (in over twenty languages!).  She grew up in central California , graduated from UCLA and holds an MA in writing from the University of San Francisco. Porter writes full time and lives in southern California with her surfer husband and three active boys. Jane has been a four time RITA Award finalist: 2003, 2004, 2008, and 2010. Now let's get to know...

THE 5 W'S OF JANE PORTER
WHO? Who are you besides a writer? 
A mom.  I love being a mom.

WHAT? What do you enjoy doing other than writing in your spare time?
I read and travel, and love to read about travel, too.  I also collect books....have a huge library in my home and it relaxes me to go in there and dust books and rearrange them by author or subject.

WHEN? When did you know you wanted to be a writer?
When I was in grade school.  But I also planned to be an actress and dancer as well.  I gave up ballet in high school, and acting in college, so writing it is.

WHERE? Where do you write? 
Preferably somewhere brightly lit, quiet, calm, and free of people (meaning husband and kids).  I love my crew but with three sons and a surfer/skateboarder husband they’re high energy and the house hums with testosterone when they’re home.

WHY? Why do you write?
I have to.  Since I was four I’ve been writing stories down.  They’re in my head.  I have to get them out.

Thank-you so much for joining us here on A Novel Review, Jane!

Jane is one of my very favorite authors, so it was especially exciting to have her visit! Jane's newest book THE GOOD WOMAN was released earlier this month. I've already started reading it (and loving it). I will have my review up later this month!



No comments:

Post a Comment