Saturday, September 8, 2012

Wanted to share

As most of you know, I don't share to too much about myself on here. I keep it pretty much for book reviews, but I had mentioned awhile back my dad was found to have cancer. He isn't doing very well. To help lift his spirits and his stress my brother decided to organize a benefit. It really has given my dad a focus and to be honest the man loves being on stage...really he's a musician! Well, one of his good friends growing up was Robin. Robin Zander of CHEAP TRICK and when he found out my dad was sick he got in touch with my dad. I won't go into all the details, but Robin did some pretty special things. When he heard we were going to have a benefit for my dad, he got the band together and sent autographed t-shirts for auction. Then he set up an eBay auction for an autographed guitar. I am beyond words. I just wanted to share this with you. I know this is going to mean so much to my dad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEAP-TRICK-Autographed-Fender-Squier-Telecaster-Charity-Auction-/320978829291?pt=Guitar&hash=item4abbd43feb#ht_738wt_1245



1 comment:

  1. WOW! What an inspiring post. It's heart-warming to see people come together in times of trouble. Robin Zander's contribution shows his spirit - and his deed has done more than raise money. Thank you for sharing this. What a blessing. I wish the best for your dad, as well as the rest of your family.

    ReplyDelete

FTC Disclaimer
As of December 1, 2009, According to The Federal Trade Commission (FTC), product reviewers on blogs must disclose whether they received products for free or received payment for their review.

The books we review on this site (A NOVEL REVIEW) are sent to us by publishers, authors or downloaded from Netgalley. This is a very common practice. We never take payments for these reviews and all the reviews on this site are our own thoughts and feelings and are not influenced.