Thursday, June 20, 2013

The 5w's of Liz Rosenberg


By Charlotte Lynn

Liz Rosenberg is the author of 4 novels, 5 books of poems and more than 20 award winning books for children.  She has edited five prize winning poetry anthologies and her picture book, THE CAROUSEL was featured on PBS’ Reading Rainbow.  Her newest picture book, TYRANNOSAURUS DAD, illustrated by brilliant newcomer Matthew Myers, is a Children’s Book of the Month Club bestseller, has garnered praise from Publisher’s Weekly, Kirkus, School Library Journal and elsewhere, and was an Amazon top 10 children’s book.





WHO? I'm Liz Rosenberg, not Madonna's publicist, the other one. I'm the author of more than 25 award-winning books for young people, 4 books of poems, and one other novel for adults, called HOME REPAIR. I also teach at Binghamton University, and have written a book review column for the Boston Globe for the past 20 years. I'm the wife of a wonderful man I've known since we were teenagers and the mother of Eli, an actor and magician, age 25, and Lily, age 9. 
 
WHAT? This must be the world's most boring answer, but I really love reading. When I'm not writing, I'm generally reading. I also have a few sneaky addictions, like Scramble, Scrabble, and shopping at second-hand resale stores. 
 
WHEN? It's the only thing I can remember wanting to be. I must have gone through a ballerina phase, but don't remember it. 
 
WHERE? The easy answer is, I write in my study, right next to a window. The room is very important and precious, and so are the two windows. My study is painted pumpkin color, with butternut trim. But I've also written in parked cars, in bed, on trains, and walking around, in my head.
 
WHY? Books for me have been a life saver, a raft I could cling to. I want to provide that kind of comfort for other people.  I try to write the kinds of books I want to read. Also, I love it. 

Purchase Laws Of Gravity by Liz Rosenberg


No comments:

Post a Comment