Monday, December 3, 2012

Happily Ever Madder: Misadventures of a Mad Fat Girl by Stephanie McAfee


Reviewed by Laura Kay


Graciela Jones “Ace” has just moved to Pelican Cove, FL to live with her long time love and fiancĂ©, Mason. Not only is she about to marry the man she’s loved most of her life, but she is opening an art gallery—a dream come true. On the opening night of her gallery, Ace finds she’s made an enemy of socialite, Lenore Kennashaw.

Even though all her dreams seem to be coming true, Ace finds herself wanting hot construction worker Kevin. She can’t seem to get her dirty mind off him and all his hunkiness. She wouldn’t have so much time to think about Kevin, but the gallery is well boring. Not nearly as glamorous as she thought it would be oh and even at home she has time on her hands because Mason is ALWAYS at work.
After Ace starts settling in to her new life, she makes a group of great girlfriends to hang out with and even meets some of the neighbors. Do not get her started on the crazies running the homeowners association!

Happily Ever Madder: Misadventures of a Mad Fat Girl is the sequel to Diary of a Mad Fat Girl. I have not read the first book, and I would say you don’t have to, but my guess is I would have enjoyed the second book more had I connected more to Ace. I really didn't ‘get her’ or her big attitude.
I really couldn't relate to Ace and I felt she was very immature for her age. Even though I really didn't connect with her, I did find the book to be somewhat funny and over the top. Not really my thing, but if you are looking for a light easy read I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I would mention there is language in this book (*not a judgment! I felt her use of language worked for her characters, this is just to let people know).


Follow Stephanie McAfee
Buy it! Happily Ever Madder: Misadventures of a Mad Fat Girl by Stephanie McAfee


The books we review on this site (A NOVEL REVIEW) are sent to us by publishers, authors or downloaded from Netgalley. This is a very common practice.  We never take payments for these reviews and all the reviews on this site are our own thoughts and feelings and are not influenced.

No comments:

Post a Comment