Saturday, February 16, 2013

Burning Embers by Hannah Fielding

Review by Charlotte Lynn

Twenty-five year old Coral Sinclair has just lost her father.  She is heading to Kenya to claim her inheritance, the estate of Mpingo.  On the trip from England, she meets a handsome and secretive French stranger.  As she keeps running into him; at the beach; at the nightclub; her attraction to him keeps growing.  When Coral’s childhood nanny realizes what is happening Coral is warned to stay away from Rafe de Monfort.  Saying he is the devil, a womanizer, and a man who took advantage of Coral’s father.

As Coral finds out more and more about Rafe’s reputation, she resigns herself to stay away him.  But when Rafe’s life is in danger she rushes to his side and makes peace with him, but can she accept him and move forward with a relationship?

The exotic location of Kenya with the descriptions of African wilderness was so enchanting that I felt I was right there with Coral and Rafe as their love story developed.  The secrets of Rafe kept me turning page after page having to know what he was hiding.  Just when I felt I had a clue to what his secrets were someone would tell another tale and I would doubt myself.  Then there was the black magic of the African tribes adding to the ever growing plot.  Definitely kept me on my toes and thinking. 

The romance between Rafe and Coral moved along perfectly.  Not too fast and not too slow.  I felt as if I really got to know both character.  I enjoyed watching Coral go from a young, innocent girl to a grown woman both in finding herself and her love and trust of Rafe.  Rafe was a perfect gentleman.  Trying to pull back from his feelings to keep Coral from getting tarnished.  This just endeared him even more to me, making me cheer on their relationship.  I was really wanting to see him redeemed in the eyes of those that passed judgment on him.

Burning Embers is an excellent read.  If you’re looking for intrigue and romance this is the novel for you.  I highly recommend it. 

Purchase Burning Embers by Hannah Fielding

Follow Hannah Fielding

The books we review on this site (A NOVEL REVIEW) are sent to us by publishers, authors or downloaded from Netgalley. This is a very common practice.  We never take payments for these reviews and all the reviews on this site are our own thoughts and feelings and are not influenced.

No comments:

Post a Comment