Monday, February 11, 2013

The Power Trip by Jackie Collins

Review by Charlotte Lynn



Billionaire Russian Aleksandr Kasianenko has a yacht built for his girlfriend, Bianca.  For the maiden voyage and Biana’s birthday, Alek invites 5 couples to join them.  The couples; Senator Hammand Patterson and his wife Sierra;  Movie Star Cliff Baxter and girlfriend Lori;  UK Footballer Taye Sherwin and his wife Ashley;  Latin singing sensation Luca Perez and his boyfriend Jeromy; and Journalist Flynn and his friend Xuan; are all in for a vacation they will never forget.

When Russian mobster, Sergei Zukov, finds out that Alek is the one who killed his brother he decides to get revenge.  Sergei works with Cruz, a master pirate, in hopes of getting revenge by pirating The Bianca and their guests for ransom.

The Power Trip is exactly what I hope for when reading a Jackie Collins book.  Although the story was different than her others (which I love), it was just as amazing.  There were a lot of characters to get to know at the beginning, but they were easy to keep straight and really easy to get to know.  I could instantly decide if I loved or hated each character.  The Senator was my hated character.  A man who is that two-faced just doesn’t deserve any respect from anyone and Hammand was the most two-faced person I had ever read about.  I was torn between my most loved character.  I really liked Taye.  He put up with a lot of verbal abuse from his wife, but never stepped out or gave up on his family.   I also really liked Flynn.  He told it exactly as it was.  Then when he went into action after the pirates, he showed how amazing he really was.

Jackie Collins has outdone herself.  I was so caught up in this book and its characters my husband actually asked if I was almost done with it.  Jackie knows exactly how far to push the hot and sexy without going too far.  Every detail adds just the right touch to the story.  The ending was so very unexpected, with loose ends that seem to lead to a possible sequel.

This just might be one of my favorite books of 2013.  Jackie Collins has shown she has what it takes to still draw in readers.  I loved this book and am sure all my friends will read it and love it also.

Purchase The Power Trip by Jackie Collins


Follow Jackie Collins
You Tube   |  Website
The books we review on this site (A NOVEL REVIEW) are sent to us by publishers, authors or downloaded from Netgalley. This is a very common practice.  We never take payments for these reviews and all the reviews on this site are our own thoughts and feelings and are not influenced.

No comments:

Post a Comment