Monday, October 29, 2012

Zombie Candy by Frederick Lee Brooke


When Candace finds a black bra in her husband, Larry’s, suitcase her eyes are wide open.  Candace decides to get more proof of his infidelities and teach her husband a lesson.

Candace, never Candy, hires her best friend since college, Annie, to get her proof of Larry’s infidelities.  Recently returning from Iraq, Annie is reluctant to accept the case, her first PI case ever.  She teams with her PI class instructor and sets out to get Candace the proof she wants, just not in the usual ways.

Larry is Candace’s college sweetheart.  He is a sex addict, a zombie movie addict, and a cilantro addict (GASP).  When he is the winner of a trip for 2 to Italy, his revenge is played out.  The people in the town go all out to help Candace make Larry pay.

What can I say?  I am not a Zombie movie fan.  I am not a sex addict.  I like cilantro, but I am not an addict.  I am a wife, who if her husband cheated would not tolerate it.  I love how Candace did not just let Larry get away with cheating on her.  She wanted proof and boy did she get it.  It seemed every step Larry took was the wrong step.  Whether walking down the street or flying across the ocean he could find temptation and Annie was there to catch it.

The chapters set in Italy were by far my favorite.  What a way to give your husband divorce papers.  The fact that his own obsessions were turned against him  and that the whole town was in on it was the true payback he deserved.  I loved it!

The title of Zombie Candy might have turned me off in the beginning, but by the end of the first chapter I was hooked.  It was a mystery, murder, with a tad of sci-fi all in one.  Definitely a great read.



*Disclosure: Charlotte received this book for a honest review from the author.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a fun 'Take THAT!' kind of book. :) And some of the scenes taking place in Italy--major plus!

    Thanks for the review - and for making me aware of a Zombie book I might actually want to read. lol

    ReplyDelete