Thursday, November 29, 2012

I am Lucky Bird by Fleur Philips


Reviewed by Charlotte


Twelve year old Lucky Bird finds herself thrown into adulthood when her mother vanishes from a small town in Montana.  When she finally manages to escape an abusive grandmother and the grandmother’s lover, she finds herself into a whole nother world of trouble.  As she heads down a dangerous path, trying to outrun her past.  She meets an amazing family.  If she can meet her past head on there is hope that she can get a normal life finally.

Child abuse is an incredibly tough topic for any person to tackle.   Fleur Philips wrote about it beautifully.  I found myself caring for Lucky Bird and praying that she would finally find her happiness.  I found myself unable to put the book down having to know if she would finally free her demons and find her happy ever after.  I felt that quote really tells why Lucky’s life is as it is.  “Every event that happens in life, happens for a reason, every person you meet, every tragedy that unfolds, every small bit of good that’s bestowed upon you.  There’s a reason for it.”

The plot moves along quickly and the story pulls you right in.  I am Lucky Bird is a worthy read.  It is not light and easy, it will pull at your heart and makes you truly care for Lucky Bird.

Follow Fleur Philips

I am Lucky Bird by Fleur Philips

I was asked to review I am Lucky Bird by BookSparksPR.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - this sounds like an evocative read! Love the title too. Thank you for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review I Am Lucky Bird! SOOOO greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

FTC Disclaimer
As of December 1, 2009, According to The Federal Trade Commission (FTC), product reviewers on blogs must disclose whether they received products for free or received payment for their review.

The books we review on this site (A NOVEL REVIEW) are sent to us by publishers, authors or downloaded from Netgalley. This is a very common practice. We never take payments for these reviews and all the reviews on this site are our own thoughts and feelings and are not influenced.