Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Becoming Mrs. Walsh by Jessica Gordon


Reviewed by Charlotte Lynn


Twenty six year old Shoshana Thompson, from Iowa, finds herself engaged to the last single brother of Washington D.C.’s influential Walsh family.  Now that she is engaged she has to learn to adjust to a privileged life style.  She also has to figure out how to live with Drew’s secretive job and life.  Can she accept not really knowing what he is doing?  Will she be ok with him being gone traveling all the time?

Shoshana , or Sho, also has to figure out her true feelings.  Her feelings for another man are growing and he has returned those feelings, but can she walk away from Drew for this other man.  She knows it would shatter the lives of both men and her own future.

When I picked up this 600 page novel, I was a little apprehensive.  Thinking wow that is a lot of reading.  Now that I am done with the novel I wish there was more, a lot more.  I loved that this was a story of family, in-laws, and love.  Drew’s mother, Birdie, and all his brothers and sister-in-laws all accepted Sho, even with her not being as wealthy and glamorous as the rest of them.  I loved that they did not judge her and actually too her under their wings, showing her the hows of the Walsh Family.  I feel like Sho was tougher and more critical of herself that anyone else in the family was. 

Drew, the fiancĂ©e, was a character I had a hard time with.  All his secrets and seemingly uncaring responses to Sho made me shake my head and wish for something more for Sho.  His wealth, high profile job, and influential family make him seem like the perfect catch, but I am still not convinced their marriage will last.

Finally, the ending of the novel…All I can say is so not expected.  But I am happy to report that the author is going to give me more.  Another novel about the Walsh’s is in the works.  Do not pass up the opportunity to read this novel.  You will not regret the time you spend reading Becoming Mrs. Walsh.

Purchase Becoming Mrs. Walsh by Jessica Gordon

Follow Jessica Gordon
Twitter   |   Facebook   |   Website

The books we review on this site (A NOVEL REVIEW) are sent to us by publishers, authors or downloaded from Netgalley. This is a very common practice.  We never take payments for these reviews and all the reviews on this site are our own thoughts and feelings and are not influenced.


No comments:

Post a Comment